Match story
- Argentina fired more attempts (6 vs 2 shots).
- Argentina was more accurate in front of goal (67% on target vs 0%).
- Argentina held more of the ball (73% possession).
Argentina defeated Mauritania 2-1 in Friendlies. The fixture is part of the Friendly International stage in the 2026 season. The match was played at Estadio Alberto J. Armando in Buenos Aires. D. Lopez officiated the match. The full-time result capped a Argentina vs Mauritania meeting in Friendlies with detailed post-match statistics available on Sportra. This match centre covers lineups, live events, player ratings, team statistics, xG, head-to-head history, and related news for Argentina and Mauritania. On Sportra you can view xG, lineups, match statistics, events, player ratings, predictions, head-to-head history, and related news for this fixture.
Recorded meetings: 0 (available previous meetings, not necessarily all-time).
Argentina defeated Mauritania 2-1 in Friendlies. The fixture is part of the Friendly International stage in the 2026 season. The match was played at Estadio Alberto J. Armando in Buenos Aires. D. Lopez officiated the match. The full-time result capped a Argentina vs Mauritania meeting in Friendlies with detailed post-match statistics available on Sportra. This match centre covers lineups, live events, player ratings, team statistics, xG, head-to-head history, and related news for Argentina and Mauritania. On Sportra you can view xG, lineups, match statistics, events, player ratings, predictions, head-to-head history, and related news for this fixture.

⚽ News and buildup as the Premier League returns ⚽ Arsenal sweep Coventry aside | Fixtures | Get in touchOn the topic of signings. Mikel Arteta said he was ‘really happy’ with the squad he’s got at The Emirates, but there’s still talk around whether Atletico Madrid’s Julian Alvarez could be on the way.Tell you what’s a fun rabbit hole to get lost in. This interactive tool from the team here that has every single transfer listed from all of Europe’s top five leagues. Continue reading...

Argentina were condemned for their thuggish antics throughout the tournament, prompting FIFA to investigate their behaviour following the final whistle of last month's showpiece.
The growing tension surrounding Julian Alvarez’s future has now spilled into the public eye, with the Atletico Madrid star’s agent responding directly to criticism from the club’s chief exec...
Arsenal are not willing to break the bank to sign Victor Osimhen from Galatasaray (Getty) Arsenal remain hopeful over signing Victor Osimhen but have told the Galatasaray striker that he needs to lower his salary demands, according to reports. Mikel Arteta is looking to add another attacking player to his squad before the end of the summer transfer window and Atletico Madrid forward Julian Alvarez remains high on Arsenal’s shortlist. However, Atletico are refusing to sell Alvarez, while the Argentina international does not want to return to the Premier League and instead favours a move to Barcelona. According to FootMercato, Arsenal have held talks over a possible deal to sign Osimhen, a striker who is said to be ‘admired’ by Arteta. Exclusive Premier League previews Get ahead of the start of the season with our weekly football newsletter. Sign up now for free. But the report claims that Arsenal ‘have no intention of making an unreasonable offer to Osimhen’ and are not prepared to match his current deal with Galatasaray, which is worth in excess of €20 million (£17.1m) per year. Osimhen must now decide whether to agree a lower proposal from Arsenal or remain with Galatasaray. Victor Osimhen scored twice in Galatasaray’s 4-0 win over Erzurumspor FK on Friday night (Anadolu via Getty) Earlier this month, Galatasaray rejected a €130m (£111m) bid from Saudi Pro League side Al-Hilal for the Nigeria international. Galatasaray president, Dursun Ozbek, is understood to be adamant that Osimhen will not be sold under any circumstances this summer. Al-Hilal have now dropped their pursuit of Osimhen and are in talks with Aston Villa to sign Ollie Watkins, but their latest bid of £45m has been rejected. Osimhen, meanwhile, continued his excellent start to the season on Friday night as he scored twice in Galatasaray’s 4-0 win away to Erzurumspor. The 27-year-old also struck twice in Galatasaray’s 2-2 draw at home to newly promoted Corum FK in the opening game of the new Super Lig season last Friday. Speaking after that match in which he offered an apology to Galatasaray’s ultras, Osimhen refused to rule out the prospect of moving clubs before the end of the window. ‘There are always rumours during the transfer windows,’ Osimhen said. ‘I’ll focus on my job. I’m focused on my work. We’ll see and think about what comes next then.’ For more stories like this, check our sport page. Follow Metro Sport for the latest news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Comment now Comments Add Metro as a Preferred Source on Google Add as preferred source
Paredes' teammate Nahuel Molina received a seven-match ban and must also pay a fine of $90,000, while Thiago Almada was suspended for one match and fined $30,000. The post Argentina’s Leandro Paredes suspended for 10 games for World Cup fight appeared first on Soccer America.
RCD Espanyol manager Manolo Gonzalez spoke to the media ahead of Saturday’s meeting with Real Madrid, now coached by Jose Mourinho, and had nothing but praise for the Portuguese tactician.After firi...
Amid stalled talks with Barcelona, Arsenal reportedly made contact with Atletico Madrid over Julian Alvarez. Arsenal have made direct contact with Atletico Madrid to discuss potential conditions for a Julian Alvarez deal, according to journalist Fabrizio Romano. A meeting took place in London with Atleti director Mateu Alemany, marking one of the clearest signs yet that the Premier League champions are serious about pursuing the Argentine forward before the transfer window closes. Price remains the biggest obstacle standing in the way of any agreement. Arsenal have reportedly tabled an opening bid of £103 million plus £4 million in add-ons, but Atletico are said to be holding out for around £129 million, a gap that leaves the two clubs far from an agreement despite the direct talks. Even if the financial terms are eventually bridged, Alvarez’s own stance complicates matters further. The forward has yet to open the door to a move to England, having made clear that Barcelona remains his only real preference amid the ongoing transfer saga. However, talks with Barcelona appear to have hit a dead end, after Atletico Madrid rejected their offer for the player, making clear he wouldn’t be sold. 🚨🔴⚪️ Arsenal made contact with Atlético Madrid to discuss Julián Álvarez deal conditions.Direct meeting took place in London with Atléti director Mateu Alemany.Price currently too high + Julián never opened doors to England so far as wanted to join Barça… but #AFC tried.… pic.twitter.com/gvUTsmQfMR— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) August 21, 2026 Atletico’s stance seems to be that they won’t sell the forward to a direct rival, having also rejected an offer from Real Madrid for Alvarez. That leaves Diego Simeone’s team potentially selling the Argentine to England instead, though his departure wouldn’t come cheap for Arsenal. Atletico Madrid fans make their frustration with Alvarez clear The tension between Alvarez and a section of Atletico’s fanbase escalated further on Friday morning, when banners appeared outside the club’s training facility in Majadahonda. One read simply “Julián out“, while another played on traffic sign imagery to read “19 forbidden“, a reference to Alvarez’s shirt number. 🚨 𝗔 𝗠𝗘𝗦𝗦𝗔𝗚𝗘 𝗙𝗥𝗢𝗠 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗔𝗧𝗟𝗘́𝗧𝗜𝗖𝗢 𝗙𝗔𝗡𝗦… 📷️Atlético Madrid fans have put up signs outside the club’s training complex this morning with a clear message for Julián Alvarez: “𝗝𝗨𝗟𝗜𝗔́𝗡 𝗙𝗨𝗘𝗥𝗔” (Julián OUT) and “𝟭𝟵🚫” 👀 pic.twitter.com/HEuE92ZxbY— 433 (@433) August 21, 2026 It’s the latest sign that the relationship between the forward and Atletico’s supporters has deteriorated significantly, following chants directed at him during LaLiga opener against Malaga.
We are entering the final stretch of the summer transfer window ahead of the newly started 2026-27 season. And when it comes to FC Barcelona, their primary target for the No. 9 position Julian Alvarez...
Tap a headline to view metadata and excerpt fields in Sportra, then use the article website button to continue on the original publisher page.

⚽ News and buildup as the Premier League returns ⚽ Arsenal sweep Coventry aside | Fixtures | Get in touchOn the topic of signings. Mikel Arteta said he was ‘really happy’ with the squad he’s got at The Emirates, but there’s still talk around whether Atletico Madrid’s Julian Alvarez could be on the way.Tell you what’s a fun rabbit hole to get lost in. This interactive tool from the team here that has every single transfer listed from all of Europe’s top five leagues. Continue reading...

Argentina were condemned for their thuggish antics throughout the tournament, prompting FIFA to investigate their behaviour following the final whistle of last month's showpiece.
The growing tension surrounding Julian Alvarez’s future has now spilled into the public eye, with the Atletico Madrid star’s agent responding directly to criticism from the club’s chief exec...
Arsenal are not willing to break the bank to sign Victor Osimhen from Galatasaray (Getty) Arsenal remain hopeful over signing Victor Osimhen but have told the Galatasaray striker that he needs to lower his salary demands, according to reports. Mikel Arteta is looking to add another attacking player to his squad before the end of the summer transfer window and Atletico Madrid forward Julian Alvarez remains high on Arsenal’s shortlist. However, Atletico are refusing to sell Alvarez, while the Argentina international does not want to return to the Premier League and instead favours a move to Barcelona. According to FootMercato, Arsenal have held talks over a possible deal to sign Osimhen, a striker who is said to be ‘admired’ by Arteta. Exclusive Premier League previews Get ahead of the start of the season with our weekly football newsletter. Sign up now for free. But the report claims that Arsenal ‘have no intention of making an unreasonable offer to Osimhen’ and are not prepared to match his current deal with Galatasaray, which is worth in excess of €20 million (£17.1m) per year. Osimhen must now decide whether to agree a lower proposal from Arsenal or remain with Galatasaray. Victor Osimhen scored twice in Galatasaray’s 4-0 win over Erzurumspor FK on Friday night (Anadolu via Getty) Earlier this month, Galatasaray rejected a €130m (£111m) bid from Saudi Pro League side Al-Hilal for the Nigeria international. Galatasaray president, Dursun Ozbek, is understood to be adamant that Osimhen will not be sold under any circumstances this summer. Al-Hilal have now dropped their pursuit of Osimhen and are in talks with Aston Villa to sign Ollie Watkins, but their latest bid of £45m has been rejected. Osimhen, meanwhile, continued his excellent start to the season on Friday night as he scored twice in Galatasaray’s 4-0 win away to Erzurumspor. The 27-year-old also struck twice in Galatasaray’s 2-2 draw at home to newly promoted Corum FK in the opening game of the new Super Lig season last Friday. Speaking after that match in which he offered an apology to Galatasaray’s ultras, Osimhen refused to rule out the prospect of moving clubs before the end of the window. ‘There are always rumours during the transfer windows,’ Osimhen said. ‘I’ll focus on my job. I’m focused on my work. We’ll see and think about what comes next then.’ For more stories like this, check our sport page. Follow Metro Sport for the latest news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Comment now Comments Add Metro as a Preferred Source on Google Add as preferred source
Paredes' teammate Nahuel Molina received a seven-match ban and must also pay a fine of $90,000, while Thiago Almada was suspended for one match and fined $30,000. The post Argentina’s Leandro Paredes suspended for 10 games for World Cup fight appeared first on Soccer America.
RCD Espanyol manager Manolo Gonzalez spoke to the media ahead of Saturday’s meeting with Real Madrid, now coached by Jose Mourinho, and had nothing but praise for the Portuguese tactician.After firi...
Amid stalled talks with Barcelona, Arsenal reportedly made contact with Atletico Madrid over Julian Alvarez. Arsenal have made direct contact with Atletico Madrid to discuss potential conditions for a Julian Alvarez deal, according to journalist Fabrizio Romano. A meeting took place in London with Atleti director Mateu Alemany, marking one of the clearest signs yet that the Premier League champions are serious about pursuing the Argentine forward before the transfer window closes. Price remains the biggest obstacle standing in the way of any agreement. Arsenal have reportedly tabled an opening bid of £103 million plus £4 million in add-ons, but Atletico are said to be holding out for around £129 million, a gap that leaves the two clubs far from an agreement despite the direct talks. Even if the financial terms are eventually bridged, Alvarez’s own stance complicates matters further. The forward has yet to open the door to a move to England, having made clear that Barcelona remains his only real preference amid the ongoing transfer saga. However, talks with Barcelona appear to have hit a dead end, after Atletico Madrid rejected their offer for the player, making clear he wouldn’t be sold. 🚨🔴⚪️ Arsenal made contact with Atlético Madrid to discuss Julián Álvarez deal conditions.Direct meeting took place in London with Atléti director Mateu Alemany.Price currently too high + Julián never opened doors to England so far as wanted to join Barça… but #AFC tried.… pic.twitter.com/gvUTsmQfMR— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) August 21, 2026 Atletico’s stance seems to be that they won’t sell the forward to a direct rival, having also rejected an offer from Real Madrid for Alvarez. That leaves Diego Simeone’s team potentially selling the Argentine to England instead, though his departure wouldn’t come cheap for Arsenal. Atletico Madrid fans make their frustration with Alvarez clear The tension between Alvarez and a section of Atletico’s fanbase escalated further on Friday morning, when banners appeared outside the club’s training facility in Majadahonda. One read simply “Julián out“, while another played on traffic sign imagery to read “19 forbidden“, a reference to Alvarez’s shirt number. 🚨 𝗔 𝗠𝗘𝗦𝗦𝗔𝗚𝗘 𝗙𝗥𝗢𝗠 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗔𝗧𝗟𝗘́𝗧𝗜𝗖𝗢 𝗙𝗔𝗡𝗦… 📷️Atlético Madrid fans have put up signs outside the club’s training complex this morning with a clear message for Julián Alvarez: “𝗝𝗨𝗟𝗜𝗔́𝗡 𝗙𝗨𝗘𝗥𝗔” (Julián OUT) and “𝟭𝟵🚫” 👀 pic.twitter.com/HEuE92ZxbY— 433 (@433) August 21, 2026 It’s the latest sign that the relationship between the forward and Atletico’s supporters has deteriorated significantly, following chants directed at him during LaLiga opener against Malaga.
We are entering the final stretch of the summer transfer window ahead of the newly started 2026-27 season. And when it comes to FC Barcelona, their primary target for the No. 9 position Julian Alvarez...
Tap a headline to view metadata and excerpt fields in Sportra, then use the article website button to continue on the original publisher page.