Match story
- Athletic Club fired more attempts (29 vs 7 shots).
- Barcelona was more accurate in front of goal (57% on target vs 24%).
- Barcelona held more of the ball (61% possession).
Athletic Club defeated Barcelona 4-2 in Copa del Rey. The fixture is part of the Quarter-finals stage in the 2023 season. The match was played at San Mamés Barria in Bilbao. José Sánchez officiated the match. The full-time result capped a Athletic Club vs Barcelona meeting in Copa del Rey with detailed post-match statistics available on Sportra. This match centre covers lineups, live events, player ratings, team statistics, xG, head-to-head history, and related news for Athletic Club and Barcelona. On Sportra you can view xG, lineups, match statistics, events, player ratings, predictions, head-to-head history, and related news for this fixture.
Recorded meetings: 10 (available previous meetings, not necessarily all-time).
Athletic Club defeated Barcelona 4-2 in Copa del Rey. The fixture is part of the Quarter-finals stage in the 2023 season. The match was played at San Mamés Barria in Bilbao. José Sánchez officiated the match. The full-time result capped a Athletic Club vs Barcelona meeting in Copa del Rey with detailed post-match statistics available on Sportra. This match centre covers lineups, live events, player ratings, team statistics, xG, head-to-head history, and related news for Athletic Club and Barcelona. On Sportra you can view xG, lineups, match statistics, events, player ratings, predictions, head-to-head history, and related news for this fixture.
Recorded meetings: 10 (available previous meetings, not necessarily all-time).

Man Utd are interested in signing Alejandro Balde from Barcelona (Picture: Getty) Alejandro Balde was left out of Barcelona’s 5-0 win over Elche as Hansi Flick suspected he was not focussed amid speculation linking him with a move to Manchester United. It was reported last week that United had made an approach for Balde as they look to sign a new left-back before the end of the summer transfer window. Michael Carrick is keen to provide some cover and competition for Luke Shaw ahead of Manchester United’s return to the Champions League this season. England international Lewis Hall was United’s first-choice target and interested in a move to Old Trafford but Newcastle United made it clear he was not for sale. Exclusive Premier League previews Get ahead of the start of the season with our weekly football newsletter. Sign up now for free. As a result Manchester United have turned their attentions to Barcelona academy graduate Balde, who has made over 150 appearances for the La Liga champions. Balde, 22, is contracted to Barca for another two years and has an unattainable release clause in his current deal worth €1 billion. But Spanish outlet SPORT claim Barcelona bosses are willing to cash in on Balde for around 45m euros (£38m) as they look to raise funds following another summer of significant spending. Manchester United boss Michael Carrick (Picture: Getty) It was initially reported that Barca had no desire to sell Balde but the player himself is believed to be pushing for a summer move and would be open to joining Manchester United. Barcelona boss Flick left Balde out of his matchday squad for Sunday’s emphatic win over Elche and SPORT insist that is another sign a summer deal could be on the cards. Explaining Balde’s absence in his pre-match interview, Flick said: ‘I spoke with Alejandro this morning and told him that I think he’s not here at 100%. Clear your mind and then we’ll talk.’ Barcelona boss Hansi Flick (Picture: Getty) Addressing the situation in his post-match press conference, the Barca boss added: ‘I have not told Alejandro Balde to leave. ‘I spoke with him this morning, I told him to think about it and that we’ll talk again tomorrow.’ Manchester United are not alone in expressing interest in Balde, with Aston Villa and Benfica also believed to be keeping tabs on his situation. Balde missed Barcelona’s win over Elche (Picture: Getty) Benfica have in fact already approached Barcelona with a deal but the offer was immediately knocked back due to the fees involved, which remain unknown. Balde has made seven appearances for Spain but none since 2023 and was left out of Luis de la Fuente’s World Cup-winning squad earlier in the summer. The talented left-back hinted he was keen to join Manchester United back in 2020 when he took part in a quick-fire Q&A with Mundo Deportivo on TikTok. When asked, ‘A club other than Barcelona?’, Balde simply replied: ‘United.’ Carrick’s Manchester United began their Premier League campaign with a disappointing 2-0 defeat at newly-promoted Hull City, the favourites to finish bottom this season. The Red Devils will be desperate to clinch their first win of the season next weekend when another new Premier League side, Ipswich Town, visit the Theatre of Dreams. England’s Anthony Gordon, who moved to the Nou Camp in a £70m transfer from Newcastle, made two assists as Barcelona thrashed Elche 5-0 in their La Liga opener. For more stories like this, check our sport page. Follow Metro Sport for the latest news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Comment now Comments Add Metro as a Preferred Source on Google Add as preferred source

Manchester United have received a significant boost in their search for a new full-back, as transfer target Alejandro Balde has made a clear decision regarding his future at Barcelona. According to a report from SPORT, the 22-year-old left-back has officially given the green light to his agent, Jorge Mendes, to negotiate his departure from the […] The post Man United handed major boost as €50m transfer target gives green light to move appeared first on CaughtOffside.
Tap a headline to view metadata and excerpt fields in Sportra, then use the article website button to continue on the original publisher page.

Man Utd are interested in signing Alejandro Balde from Barcelona (Picture: Getty) Alejandro Balde was left out of Barcelona’s 5-0 win over Elche as Hansi Flick suspected he was not focussed amid speculation linking him with a move to Manchester United. It was reported last week that United had made an approach for Balde as they look to sign a new left-back before the end of the summer transfer window. Michael Carrick is keen to provide some cover and competition for Luke Shaw ahead of Manchester United’s return to the Champions League this season. England international Lewis Hall was United’s first-choice target and interested in a move to Old Trafford but Newcastle United made it clear he was not for sale. Exclusive Premier League previews Get ahead of the start of the season with our weekly football newsletter. Sign up now for free. As a result Manchester United have turned their attentions to Barcelona academy graduate Balde, who has made over 150 appearances for the La Liga champions. Balde, 22, is contracted to Barca for another two years and has an unattainable release clause in his current deal worth €1 billion. But Spanish outlet SPORT claim Barcelona bosses are willing to cash in on Balde for around 45m euros (£38m) as they look to raise funds following another summer of significant spending. Manchester United boss Michael Carrick (Picture: Getty) It was initially reported that Barca had no desire to sell Balde but the player himself is believed to be pushing for a summer move and would be open to joining Manchester United. Barcelona boss Flick left Balde out of his matchday squad for Sunday’s emphatic win over Elche and SPORT insist that is another sign a summer deal could be on the cards. Explaining Balde’s absence in his pre-match interview, Flick said: ‘I spoke with Alejandro this morning and told him that I think he’s not here at 100%. Clear your mind and then we’ll talk.’ Barcelona boss Hansi Flick (Picture: Getty) Addressing the situation in his post-match press conference, the Barca boss added: ‘I have not told Alejandro Balde to leave. ‘I spoke with him this morning, I told him to think about it and that we’ll talk again tomorrow.’ Manchester United are not alone in expressing interest in Balde, with Aston Villa and Benfica also believed to be keeping tabs on his situation. Balde missed Barcelona’s win over Elche (Picture: Getty) Benfica have in fact already approached Barcelona with a deal but the offer was immediately knocked back due to the fees involved, which remain unknown. Balde has made seven appearances for Spain but none since 2023 and was left out of Luis de la Fuente’s World Cup-winning squad earlier in the summer. The talented left-back hinted he was keen to join Manchester United back in 2020 when he took part in a quick-fire Q&A with Mundo Deportivo on TikTok. When asked, ‘A club other than Barcelona?’, Balde simply replied: ‘United.’ Carrick’s Manchester United began their Premier League campaign with a disappointing 2-0 defeat at newly-promoted Hull City, the favourites to finish bottom this season. The Red Devils will be desperate to clinch their first win of the season next weekend when another new Premier League side, Ipswich Town, visit the Theatre of Dreams. England’s Anthony Gordon, who moved to the Nou Camp in a £70m transfer from Newcastle, made two assists as Barcelona thrashed Elche 5-0 in their La Liga opener. For more stories like this, check our sport page. Follow Metro Sport for the latest news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Comment now Comments Add Metro as a Preferred Source on Google Add as preferred source

Manchester United have received a significant boost in their search for a new full-back, as transfer target Alejandro Balde has made a clear decision regarding his future at Barcelona. According to a report from SPORT, the 22-year-old left-back has officially given the green light to his agent, Jorge Mendes, to negotiate his departure from the […] The post Man United handed major boost as €50m transfer target gives green light to move appeared first on CaughtOffside.
Tap a headline to view metadata and excerpt fields in Sportra, then use the article website button to continue on the original publisher page.