Match story
- Gazelec FC Ajaccio fired more attempts (13 vs 9 shots).
- Gazelec FC Ajaccio was more accurate in front of goal (62% on target vs 22%).
- Lyon held more of the ball (54% possession).
Gazelec FC Ajaccio defeated Lyon 2-1 in Ligue 1. The fixture is part of the Regular Season - 19 stage in the 2015 season. The match was played at Stade Ange-Casanova in Ajaccio. Amaury Delerue, France officiated the match. The full-time result capped a Gazelec FC Ajaccio vs Lyon meeting in Ligue 1 with detailed post-match statistics available on Sportra. This match centre covers lineups, live events, player ratings, team statistics, xG, head-to-head history, and related news for Gazelec FC Ajaccio and Lyon. On Sportra you can view xG, lineups, match statistics, events, player ratings, predictions, head-to-head history, and related news for this fixture.
Recorded meetings: 1 (available previous meetings, not necessarily all-time).
Gazelec FC Ajaccio defeated Lyon 2-1 in Ligue 1. The fixture is part of the Regular Season - 19 stage in the 2015 season. The match was played at Stade Ange-Casanova in Ajaccio. Amaury Delerue, France officiated the match. The full-time result capped a Gazelec FC Ajaccio vs Lyon meeting in Ligue 1 with detailed post-match statistics available on Sportra. This match centre covers lineups, live events, player ratings, team statistics, xG, head-to-head history, and related news for Gazelec FC Ajaccio and Lyon. On Sportra you can view xG, lineups, match statistics, events, player ratings, predictions, head-to-head history, and related news for this fixture.
Recorded meetings: 1 (available previous meetings, not necessarily all-time).

There will be some familiar faces involved in this week’s European qualifiers as a number of smaller clubs have a chance to make their markFenerbahce v Lyon, Tuesday 8pm Romelu Lukaku is the latest familiar face to rock up at Fenerbahce. The 33-year-old striker is, however, unlikely to be fit for Lyon’s visit to Istanbul on Tuesday – he sat out Saturday’s 2-1 defeat to Genclerbirligi, the club his father played for in the 1990s. “This beautiful country is a second home to me,” Lukaku, who spent part of his childhood in Turkey, said last week. Fenerbahce have also added Mason Greenwood and Nathan Aké to a squad that includes Ederson, N’Golo Kanté and Marco Asensio. Failure to get past Lyon, who are aiming to qualify for the Champions League for the first time since reaching the semi-finals in 2019-20, would not be the best start to Ismail Kartal’s fourth spell as head coach. Continue reading...
Two camps who will turn their attention back to Champions League qualifying action on Tuesday night, Fenerbahce will welcome Lyon to Istanbul for their first-leg showdown. With Europe’s elite domestic leagues set to make their respective returns over the next week, there are plenty of attractive betting promotions available. Verdict: Both teams to score Best […] The post Prediction: Fenerbahce vs Lyon appeared first on SoccerNews.
Liverpool will submit an offer to PSG for Ibrahim Mbaye (Getty) Liverpool are planning to submit a bid to sign Paris Saint-Germain winger Ibrahim Mbaye, according to reports in France. Mbaye has been with PSG’s academy since the age of 10 and made his first-team debut under Luis Enrique two years ago. Last season, the 18-year-old scored three goals and registered two assists in 29 appearances for PSG as Luis Enrique’s side won Ligue 1 and the Champions League. But after returning from Senegal’s Africa Cup of Nations campaign at the end of January, Mbaye was only used sparingly by Luis Enrique and was left out of the squad for PSG’s derby against Lyon in April. Get the latest transfer news every morning Sign up to our daily football newsletter for personalised updates on who your team is trying to sign and who won't be around next season. ‘Every minute you can play at PSG has to be special,’ Luis Enrique said about his decision to drop Mbaye from his squad. ‘I have no regrets about Mbaye, but you have to be ready. He was ready, but I expect much more from all the players. It’s simply competition, a player has to stay out of the team. You have to enjoy every minute.’ Ibrahim Mbaye scored in Senegal’s defeat to France at the World Cup (AFP via Getty) At the World Cup this summer, Mbaye made four appearances and scored after coming off the bench in Senegal’s 3-1 defeat to France. Liverpool have already held extensive talks with PSG to sign Bradley Barcola this summer but according to L’Equipe, the Premier League club are planning to submit an opening bid for Mbaye ‘in the coming days’. The report adds that Liverpool will hold a fresh round of negotiations with PSG over a deal for Barcola next week. PSG continue to demand a €150m (£128m) transfer fee for Barcola, which Liverpool have been unable to match so far. Earlier this week, Spanish outlet AS claimed that Liverpool face strong competition for Mbaye as Manchester United, Bayern Munich, Aston Villa, Porto, RB Leipzig, Borussia Dortmund and Roma have all made enquiries this summer. PSG are understood to be open to selling Mbaye but will demand a transfer fee in excess of €50 million (£42.7m) For more stories like this, check our sport page. Follow Metro Sport for the latest news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Comment now Comments Add Metro as a Preferred Source on Google Add as preferred source
Stoke City are firm on their price tag for Lyon target Jun-Ho Bae as they wait for the French outfit's next move. The post Stoke City Holding Firm On Price Tag For Wanted Star appeared first on Inside Futbol | Latest Football News, Transfer Rumours & Articles.
Xabi Alonso has picked his strongest XI for three of his five matches during pre-season, and all three featured Wesley Fofana. In addition, the club also has a group of players it considers "untouchable", meaning they are not for sale - but Fofana does not feature on that list. It seems unlikely Fofana will leave and, indeed, he wants to stay and believes in a positive future for Chelsea.
Chelsea are entering another new era under Xabi Alonso this season, and Wesley Fofana says it is time for the Blues to think long-term. The post ‘Everyone knows we need stability’ – Fofana wants settled Chelsea period appeared first on SoccerNews.
Wesley Fofana shed tears, faced criticism for laughing at the wrong moment and exposed racist abuse last season - but now he believes stability will lead to an "amazing" Chelsea future. The 25-year-old centre-back has been a controversial figure because of the difficulties he has faced since his £75m move from Leicester City in 2022. Fofana is right to be optimistic.
Tap a headline to view metadata and excerpt fields in Sportra, then use the article website button to continue on the original publisher page.

There will be some familiar faces involved in this week’s European qualifiers as a number of smaller clubs have a chance to make their markFenerbahce v Lyon, Tuesday 8pm Romelu Lukaku is the latest familiar face to rock up at Fenerbahce. The 33-year-old striker is, however, unlikely to be fit for Lyon’s visit to Istanbul on Tuesday – he sat out Saturday’s 2-1 defeat to Genclerbirligi, the club his father played for in the 1990s. “This beautiful country is a second home to me,” Lukaku, who spent part of his childhood in Turkey, said last week. Fenerbahce have also added Mason Greenwood and Nathan Aké to a squad that includes Ederson, N’Golo Kanté and Marco Asensio. Failure to get past Lyon, who are aiming to qualify for the Champions League for the first time since reaching the semi-finals in 2019-20, would not be the best start to Ismail Kartal’s fourth spell as head coach. Continue reading...
Two camps who will turn their attention back to Champions League qualifying action on Tuesday night, Fenerbahce will welcome Lyon to Istanbul for their first-leg showdown. With Europe’s elite domestic leagues set to make their respective returns over the next week, there are plenty of attractive betting promotions available. Verdict: Both teams to score Best […] The post Prediction: Fenerbahce vs Lyon appeared first on SoccerNews.
Liverpool will submit an offer to PSG for Ibrahim Mbaye (Getty) Liverpool are planning to submit a bid to sign Paris Saint-Germain winger Ibrahim Mbaye, according to reports in France. Mbaye has been with PSG’s academy since the age of 10 and made his first-team debut under Luis Enrique two years ago. Last season, the 18-year-old scored three goals and registered two assists in 29 appearances for PSG as Luis Enrique’s side won Ligue 1 and the Champions League. But after returning from Senegal’s Africa Cup of Nations campaign at the end of January, Mbaye was only used sparingly by Luis Enrique and was left out of the squad for PSG’s derby against Lyon in April. Get the latest transfer news every morning Sign up to our daily football newsletter for personalised updates on who your team is trying to sign and who won't be around next season. ‘Every minute you can play at PSG has to be special,’ Luis Enrique said about his decision to drop Mbaye from his squad. ‘I have no regrets about Mbaye, but you have to be ready. He was ready, but I expect much more from all the players. It’s simply competition, a player has to stay out of the team. You have to enjoy every minute.’ Ibrahim Mbaye scored in Senegal’s defeat to France at the World Cup (AFP via Getty) At the World Cup this summer, Mbaye made four appearances and scored after coming off the bench in Senegal’s 3-1 defeat to France. Liverpool have already held extensive talks with PSG to sign Bradley Barcola this summer but according to L’Equipe, the Premier League club are planning to submit an opening bid for Mbaye ‘in the coming days’. The report adds that Liverpool will hold a fresh round of negotiations with PSG over a deal for Barcola next week. PSG continue to demand a €150m (£128m) transfer fee for Barcola, which Liverpool have been unable to match so far. Earlier this week, Spanish outlet AS claimed that Liverpool face strong competition for Mbaye as Manchester United, Bayern Munich, Aston Villa, Porto, RB Leipzig, Borussia Dortmund and Roma have all made enquiries this summer. PSG are understood to be open to selling Mbaye but will demand a transfer fee in excess of €50 million (£42.7m) For more stories like this, check our sport page. Follow Metro Sport for the latest news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Comment now Comments Add Metro as a Preferred Source on Google Add as preferred source
Stoke City are firm on their price tag for Lyon target Jun-Ho Bae as they wait for the French outfit's next move. The post Stoke City Holding Firm On Price Tag For Wanted Star appeared first on Inside Futbol | Latest Football News, Transfer Rumours & Articles.
Xabi Alonso has picked his strongest XI for three of his five matches during pre-season, and all three featured Wesley Fofana. In addition, the club also has a group of players it considers "untouchable", meaning they are not for sale - but Fofana does not feature on that list. It seems unlikely Fofana will leave and, indeed, he wants to stay and believes in a positive future for Chelsea.
Chelsea are entering another new era under Xabi Alonso this season, and Wesley Fofana says it is time for the Blues to think long-term. The post ‘Everyone knows we need stability’ – Fofana wants settled Chelsea period appeared first on SoccerNews.
Wesley Fofana shed tears, faced criticism for laughing at the wrong moment and exposed racist abuse last season - but now he believes stability will lead to an "amazing" Chelsea future. The 25-year-old centre-back has been a controversial figure because of the difficulties he has faced since his £75m move from Leicester City in 2022. Fofana is right to be optimistic.
Tap a headline to view metadata and excerpt fields in Sportra, then use the article website button to continue on the original publisher page.