Match story
- Manchester United fired more attempts (9 vs 5 shots).
- Manchester United was more accurate in front of goal (33% on target vs 0%).
- Chelsea held more of the ball (54% possession).
Manchester United defeated Chelsea 2-0 in Premier League. The fixture is part of the Regular Season - 33 stage in the 2016 season. The match was played at Old Trafford in Manchester. Robert Madley, England officiated the match. The full-time result capped a Manchester United vs Chelsea meeting in Premier League with detailed post-match statistics available on Sportra. This match centre covers lineups, live events, player ratings, team statistics, xG, head-to-head history, and related news for Manchester United and Chelsea. On Sportra you can view xG, lineups, match statistics, events, player ratings, predictions, head-to-head history, and related news for this fixture.
Recorded meetings: 0 (available previous meetings, not necessarily all-time).
Manchester United defeated Chelsea 2-0 in Premier League. The fixture is part of the Regular Season - 33 stage in the 2016 season. The match was played at Old Trafford in Manchester. Robert Madley, England officiated the match. The full-time result capped a Manchester United vs Chelsea meeting in Premier League with detailed post-match statistics available on Sportra. This match centre covers lineups, live events, player ratings, team statistics, xG, head-to-head history, and related news for Manchester United and Chelsea. On Sportra you can view xG, lineups, match statistics, events, player ratings, predictions, head-to-head history, and related news for this fixture.
Recorded meetings: 0 (available previous meetings, not necessarily all-time).

The transfer window is now open until September 1 and it's sure to be a busy period as clubs look to make big signings ahead of the new season. Here are today's latest developments...
Newcastle United are monitoring New York Red Bulls teenager Julian Hall, who has emerged as a sought-after prospect this summer. The post Newcastle United ‘Are Tracking’ Attacking Prospect appeared first on Inside Futbol | Latest Football News, Transfer Rumours & Articles.
Mikel Arteta says he is “100 per cent” certain Arsenal’s homegrown player Myles Lewis-Skelly will be staying at the club this summer. Lewis-Skelly has been rumoured to be of interest to rival clubs, including Manchester United, having played a key role for the Gunners in central midfield at the back end of last season’s title-winning campaign. Asked how sure he was that the 19-year-old would remain an Arsenal player beyond the transfer deadline, the manager said: “100 per cent.”
EXCLUSIVE: The former Chelsea and England man has triggered outrage in East Yorkshire thanks to comments he made with former West Ham team-mate Carlton Cole.
After missing out on Vinicius Jr, Arsenal want another wide forward with Juventus star Kenan Yildiz an option, while Baleba looks to be heading to Manchester United and Spurs pursue Savinho and Omar Marmoush
There was always going to be change at Villa Park this summer, the squad were braced for it and the Europa League win in May was the final chance for them to do something together. There are different reasons for the departures so far, including lowering the wage bill and average age of the squad - which was the second highest in the Premier League last season. Villa need to comply with Uefa's and the Premier League's financial regulations and selling Morgan Rogers to Chelsea for £117m was the best way to ensure they brought in as much profit as possible for someone who cost £16m.
"First and foremost, we want to win," said Michael Carrick when asked what style of football he wanted his Manchester United team to play this season. Out of possession, United have looked to press high. Generally coaches, including Carrick, are more willing to concede possession in wide areas, considering the middle of the pitch more dangerous.
Tap a headline to view metadata and excerpt fields in Sportra, then use the article website button to continue on the original publisher page.

The transfer window is now open until September 1 and it's sure to be a busy period as clubs look to make big signings ahead of the new season. Here are today's latest developments...
Newcastle United are monitoring New York Red Bulls teenager Julian Hall, who has emerged as a sought-after prospect this summer. The post Newcastle United ‘Are Tracking’ Attacking Prospect appeared first on Inside Futbol | Latest Football News, Transfer Rumours & Articles.
Mikel Arteta says he is “100 per cent” certain Arsenal’s homegrown player Myles Lewis-Skelly will be staying at the club this summer. Lewis-Skelly has been rumoured to be of interest to rival clubs, including Manchester United, having played a key role for the Gunners in central midfield at the back end of last season’s title-winning campaign. Asked how sure he was that the 19-year-old would remain an Arsenal player beyond the transfer deadline, the manager said: “100 per cent.”
EXCLUSIVE: The former Chelsea and England man has triggered outrage in East Yorkshire thanks to comments he made with former West Ham team-mate Carlton Cole.
After missing out on Vinicius Jr, Arsenal want another wide forward with Juventus star Kenan Yildiz an option, while Baleba looks to be heading to Manchester United and Spurs pursue Savinho and Omar Marmoush
There was always going to be change at Villa Park this summer, the squad were braced for it and the Europa League win in May was the final chance for them to do something together. There are different reasons for the departures so far, including lowering the wage bill and average age of the squad - which was the second highest in the Premier League last season. Villa need to comply with Uefa's and the Premier League's financial regulations and selling Morgan Rogers to Chelsea for £117m was the best way to ensure they brought in as much profit as possible for someone who cost £16m.
"First and foremost, we want to win," said Michael Carrick when asked what style of football he wanted his Manchester United team to play this season. Out of possession, United have looked to press high. Generally coaches, including Carrick, are more willing to concede possession in wide areas, considering the middle of the pitch more dangerous.
Tap a headline to view metadata and excerpt fields in Sportra, then use the article website button to continue on the original publisher page.