Match story
- Chelsea was more accurate in front of goal (53% on target vs 33%).
Chelsea defeated Aston Villa 1-3 in the FA Cup. The fixture is part of the 4th Round Replays stage in the 2023 season. The match was played at Villa Park in Birmingham. T. Bramall officiated the match. The full-time result capped a Aston Villa vs Chelsea meeting in FA Cup with detailed post-match statistics available on Sportra. This match centre covers lineups, live events, player ratings, team statistics, xG, head-to-head history, and related news for Aston Villa and Chelsea. On Sportra you can view xG, lineups, match statistics, events, player ratings, predictions, head-to-head history, and related news for this fixture.
Recorded meetings: 4 (available previous meetings, not necessarily all-time).
Chelsea defeated Aston Villa 1-3 in the FA Cup. The fixture is part of the 4th Round Replays stage in the 2023 season. The match was played at Villa Park in Birmingham. T. Bramall officiated the match. The full-time result capped a Aston Villa vs Chelsea meeting in FA Cup with detailed post-match statistics available on Sportra. This match centre covers lineups, live events, player ratings, team statistics, xG, head-to-head history, and related news for Aston Villa and Chelsea. On Sportra you can view xG, lineups, match statistics, events, player ratings, predictions, head-to-head history, and related news for this fixture.
Recorded meetings: 4 (available previous meetings, not necessarily all-time).

Former Arsenal defender Martin Keown (Picture: Getty) Martin Keown believes Martin Odegaard is still ‘under pressure’ in an Arsenal shirt after the Gunners picked up a 3-0 win over Coventry City on Friday. The Premier League champions got their title defence underway with a flawless performance against the newly-promoted Sky Blues at the Emirates. Goals from Kai Havertz and Bukayo Saka put Arsenal in control early on before Odegaard added a third shortly after the break. The Arsenal captain, who was named player of the match, has made a fast start to the season, having opened his goalscoring account in last weekend’s Community Shield. Exclusive Premier League previews Get ahead of the start of the season with our weekly football newsletter. Sign up now for free. But Keown believes the Norwegian midfielder needs to maintain those levels, especially after an injury-hit campaign last season, in which he only started 16 league matches. ‘We need him back,’ Keown told Stan Sport at full-time. ‘He’s probably the one player who’s under more pressure than anybody else because he’s got Eze in the background and young Dowman is going to be an amazing talent. Martin Odegaard got on the scoresheet against Coventry (Picture: Getty) ‘So it’s important our captain is actually leading the way, and he was great again tonight.’ Fellow goalscorer Saka was another who dealt with injuries towards the end of last season, but looked back to his dangerous best in the opening match of this campaign. Asked about the England winger’s performance, Keown added: ‘Every time he gets the ball, he has to do damage. ‘Last season, of course, the Achilles wasn’t at his best. It looks as if he’s over those handicaps and we can see the best of him. @flemingben An ominous display from the defending champions… 😬😬 #arsenalfc #premierleague #coventry ♬ original sound – Ben Fleming: Sports Journalist ‘He’s a tremendous, very humble individual; he kind of sets the standards. ‘He’s been the key player for Arteta since he’s been at the club and in order for Arsenal to win things, he’s got to be at his best. So good news that he doesn’t have any injury concerns anymore.’ And Keown was also keen to highlight the performance of new signing Christos Tzolis, who impressed in his first league start following his £34million move from Club Brugge earlier this summer. ‘I thought he was as good as a debutant, as I’ve seen since maybe Freddie Ljungberg back in the day,’ he said. ‘I don’t want to go overboard, but everything he did, the first goal he’s involved in, he shuts the ball down. He’s involved, obviously, as well for the cross when Saka scores. ‘It was a shame Bruno wasn’t fit because, between the two of them last year, I think they had 54 goal involvements, but this kid is looking to me like a really good signing.’ For more stories like this, check our sport page. Follow Metro Sport for the latest news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Comment now Comments Add Metro as a Preferred Source on Google Add as preferred source

The winger was left out of Mikel Arteta's squad for their 3-0 victory over Frank Lampard's Coventry City on the opening night of the Premier League season.

Striker must win over new head coach after tough first season at Liverpool – starting on Sunday at an inhospitable St James’ ParkWhen Liverpool’s team bus turns a tight corner and inches down the narrow, covered, access road behind Newcastle’s Milburn Stand on Sunday, Alexander Isak will know there are no hiding places. After that coach pulls up, its occupants must navigate a set of painted steps before reaching the glass-doored sanctuary of the players’ entrance at St James’ Park. It is a short climb but only a handful of portable metal barriers separate visiting sides from congregated Newcastle fans. When particularly disliked opponents arrive, it can all feel loudly claustrophobic.Once inside, Isak, who spent most of last summer staging a form of unilateral industrial action in order to force a £125m move from Tyneside to Merseyside, must negotiate a human chicane of once-familiar club staff stationed along the route to the away dressing room. If eye contact may be minimal, two factors should soften the pre-match mood surrounding his first return to St James’ Park. Eddie Howe has been replaced by Matthias Jaissle and the latest meeting between Newcastle and Liverpool will play out against an outpouring of love for Kevin Keegan, following his death in July. Continue reading...
Arsenal are not willing to break the bank to sign Victor Osimhen from Galatasaray (Getty) Arsenal remain hopeful over signing Victor Osimhen but have told the Galatasaray striker that he needs to lower his salary demands, according to reports. Mikel Arteta is looking to add another attacking player to his squad before the end of the summer transfer window and Atletico Madrid forward Julian Alvarez remains high on Arsenal’s shortlist. However, Atletico are refusing to sell Alvarez, while the Argentina international does not want to return to the Premier League and instead favours a move to Barcelona. According to FootMercato, Arsenal have held talks over a possible deal to sign Osimhen, a striker who is said to be ‘admired’ by Arteta. Exclusive Premier League previews Get ahead of the start of the season with our weekly football newsletter. Sign up now for free. But the report claims that Arsenal ‘have no intention of making an unreasonable offer to Osimhen’ and are not prepared to match his current deal with Galatasaray, which is worth in excess of €20 million (£17.1m) per year. Osimhen must now decide whether to agree a lower proposal from Arsenal or remain with Galatasaray. Victor Osimhen scored twice in Galatasaray’s 4-0 win over Erzurumspor FK on Friday night (Anadolu via Getty) Earlier this month, Galatasaray rejected a €130m (£111m) bid from Saudi Pro League side Al-Hilal for the Nigeria international. Galatasaray president, Dursun Ozbek, is understood to be adamant that Osimhen will not be sold under any circumstances this summer. Al-Hilal have now dropped their pursuit of Osimhen and are in talks with Aston Villa to sign Ollie Watkins, but their latest bid of £45m has been rejected. Osimhen, meanwhile, continued his excellent start to the season on Friday night as he scored twice in Galatasaray’s 4-0 win away to Erzurumspor. The 27-year-old also struck twice in Galatasaray’s 2-2 draw at home to newly promoted Corum FK in the opening game of the new Super Lig season last Friday. Speaking after that match in which he offered an apology to Galatasaray’s ultras, Osimhen refused to rule out the prospect of moving clubs before the end of the window. ‘There are always rumours during the transfer windows,’ Osimhen said. ‘I’ll focus on my job. I’m focused on my work. We’ll see and think about what comes next then.’ For more stories like this, check our sport page. Follow Metro Sport for the latest news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Comment now Comments Add Metro as a Preferred Source on Google Add as preferred source
RIATH AL-SAMARRAI: It's not ideal, right? An inexperienced manager, a squad stripped of its best players and Liverpool first up. Newcastle fans can be forgiven some apprehension.
Leeds United are pushing to sign Chelsea winger Mykhailo Mudryk on loan after seeing an initial proposal rejected by the West London club. Transfer expert Fabrizio Romano has provided an update on Mudryk’s situation, confirming that the Ukraine international is “100% expected to leave Chelsea on loan” before the transfer window closes. Leeds pushing to […] The post Leeds United pushing hard to sign Chelsea ace after opening bid rejected appeared first on CaughtOffside.
Tap a headline to view metadata and excerpt fields in Sportra, then use the article website button to continue on the original publisher page.

Former Arsenal defender Martin Keown (Picture: Getty) Martin Keown believes Martin Odegaard is still ‘under pressure’ in an Arsenal shirt after the Gunners picked up a 3-0 win over Coventry City on Friday. The Premier League champions got their title defence underway with a flawless performance against the newly-promoted Sky Blues at the Emirates. Goals from Kai Havertz and Bukayo Saka put Arsenal in control early on before Odegaard added a third shortly after the break. The Arsenal captain, who was named player of the match, has made a fast start to the season, having opened his goalscoring account in last weekend’s Community Shield. Exclusive Premier League previews Get ahead of the start of the season with our weekly football newsletter. Sign up now for free. But Keown believes the Norwegian midfielder needs to maintain those levels, especially after an injury-hit campaign last season, in which he only started 16 league matches. ‘We need him back,’ Keown told Stan Sport at full-time. ‘He’s probably the one player who’s under more pressure than anybody else because he’s got Eze in the background and young Dowman is going to be an amazing talent. Martin Odegaard got on the scoresheet against Coventry (Picture: Getty) ‘So it’s important our captain is actually leading the way, and he was great again tonight.’ Fellow goalscorer Saka was another who dealt with injuries towards the end of last season, but looked back to his dangerous best in the opening match of this campaign. Asked about the England winger’s performance, Keown added: ‘Every time he gets the ball, he has to do damage. ‘Last season, of course, the Achilles wasn’t at his best. It looks as if he’s over those handicaps and we can see the best of him. @flemingben An ominous display from the defending champions… 😬😬 #arsenalfc #premierleague #coventry ♬ original sound – Ben Fleming: Sports Journalist ‘He’s a tremendous, very humble individual; he kind of sets the standards. ‘He’s been the key player for Arteta since he’s been at the club and in order for Arsenal to win things, he’s got to be at his best. So good news that he doesn’t have any injury concerns anymore.’ And Keown was also keen to highlight the performance of new signing Christos Tzolis, who impressed in his first league start following his £34million move from Club Brugge earlier this summer. ‘I thought he was as good as a debutant, as I’ve seen since maybe Freddie Ljungberg back in the day,’ he said. ‘I don’t want to go overboard, but everything he did, the first goal he’s involved in, he shuts the ball down. He’s involved, obviously, as well for the cross when Saka scores. ‘It was a shame Bruno wasn’t fit because, between the two of them last year, I think they had 54 goal involvements, but this kid is looking to me like a really good signing.’ For more stories like this, check our sport page. Follow Metro Sport for the latest news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Comment now Comments Add Metro as a Preferred Source on Google Add as preferred source

The winger was left out of Mikel Arteta's squad for their 3-0 victory over Frank Lampard's Coventry City on the opening night of the Premier League season.

Striker must win over new head coach after tough first season at Liverpool – starting on Sunday at an inhospitable St James’ ParkWhen Liverpool’s team bus turns a tight corner and inches down the narrow, covered, access road behind Newcastle’s Milburn Stand on Sunday, Alexander Isak will know there are no hiding places. After that coach pulls up, its occupants must navigate a set of painted steps before reaching the glass-doored sanctuary of the players’ entrance at St James’ Park. It is a short climb but only a handful of portable metal barriers separate visiting sides from congregated Newcastle fans. When particularly disliked opponents arrive, it can all feel loudly claustrophobic.Once inside, Isak, who spent most of last summer staging a form of unilateral industrial action in order to force a £125m move from Tyneside to Merseyside, must negotiate a human chicane of once-familiar club staff stationed along the route to the away dressing room. If eye contact may be minimal, two factors should soften the pre-match mood surrounding his first return to St James’ Park. Eddie Howe has been replaced by Matthias Jaissle and the latest meeting between Newcastle and Liverpool will play out against an outpouring of love for Kevin Keegan, following his death in July. Continue reading...
Arsenal are not willing to break the bank to sign Victor Osimhen from Galatasaray (Getty) Arsenal remain hopeful over signing Victor Osimhen but have told the Galatasaray striker that he needs to lower his salary demands, according to reports. Mikel Arteta is looking to add another attacking player to his squad before the end of the summer transfer window and Atletico Madrid forward Julian Alvarez remains high on Arsenal’s shortlist. However, Atletico are refusing to sell Alvarez, while the Argentina international does not want to return to the Premier League and instead favours a move to Barcelona. According to FootMercato, Arsenal have held talks over a possible deal to sign Osimhen, a striker who is said to be ‘admired’ by Arteta. Exclusive Premier League previews Get ahead of the start of the season with our weekly football newsletter. Sign up now for free. But the report claims that Arsenal ‘have no intention of making an unreasonable offer to Osimhen’ and are not prepared to match his current deal with Galatasaray, which is worth in excess of €20 million (£17.1m) per year. Osimhen must now decide whether to agree a lower proposal from Arsenal or remain with Galatasaray. Victor Osimhen scored twice in Galatasaray’s 4-0 win over Erzurumspor FK on Friday night (Anadolu via Getty) Earlier this month, Galatasaray rejected a €130m (£111m) bid from Saudi Pro League side Al-Hilal for the Nigeria international. Galatasaray president, Dursun Ozbek, is understood to be adamant that Osimhen will not be sold under any circumstances this summer. Al-Hilal have now dropped their pursuit of Osimhen and are in talks with Aston Villa to sign Ollie Watkins, but their latest bid of £45m has been rejected. Osimhen, meanwhile, continued his excellent start to the season on Friday night as he scored twice in Galatasaray’s 4-0 win away to Erzurumspor. The 27-year-old also struck twice in Galatasaray’s 2-2 draw at home to newly promoted Corum FK in the opening game of the new Super Lig season last Friday. Speaking after that match in which he offered an apology to Galatasaray’s ultras, Osimhen refused to rule out the prospect of moving clubs before the end of the window. ‘There are always rumours during the transfer windows,’ Osimhen said. ‘I’ll focus on my job. I’m focused on my work. We’ll see and think about what comes next then.’ For more stories like this, check our sport page. Follow Metro Sport for the latest news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Comment now Comments Add Metro as a Preferred Source on Google Add as preferred source
RIATH AL-SAMARRAI: It's not ideal, right? An inexperienced manager, a squad stripped of its best players and Liverpool first up. Newcastle fans can be forgiven some apprehension.
Leeds United are pushing to sign Chelsea winger Mykhailo Mudryk on loan after seeing an initial proposal rejected by the West London club. Transfer expert Fabrizio Romano has provided an update on Mudryk’s situation, confirming that the Ukraine international is “100% expected to leave Chelsea on loan” before the transfer window closes. Leeds pushing to […] The post Leeds United pushing hard to sign Chelsea ace after opening bid rejected appeared first on CaughtOffside.
Tap a headline to view metadata and excerpt fields in Sportra, then use the article website button to continue on the original publisher page.