Match story
- Chelsea created the clearer chances on xG (2.16 vs 0.92, Δ 1.24).
- Chelsea fired more attempts (27 vs 5 shots).
- Aston Villa was more accurate in front of goal (40% on target vs 30%).
- Chelsea held more of the ball (69% possession).
Aston Villa defeated Chelsea 0-2 in Premier League. The fixture is part of the Regular Season - 29 stage in the 2022 season. The match was played at Stamford Bridge in London. A. Madley officiated the match. The full-time result capped a Chelsea vs Aston Villa meeting in Premier League with detailed post-match statistics available on Sportra. This match centre covers lineups, live events, player ratings, team statistics, xG, head-to-head history, and related news for Chelsea and Aston Villa. On Sportra you can view xG, lineups, match statistics, events, player ratings, predictions, head-to-head history, and related news for this fixture.
Recorded meetings: 0 (available previous meetings, not necessarily all-time).
Aston Villa defeated Chelsea 0-2 in Premier League. The fixture is part of the Regular Season - 29 stage in the 2022 season. The match was played at Stamford Bridge in London. A. Madley officiated the match. The full-time result capped a Chelsea vs Aston Villa meeting in Premier League with detailed post-match statistics available on Sportra. This match centre covers lineups, live events, player ratings, team statistics, xG, head-to-head history, and related news for Chelsea and Aston Villa. On Sportra you can view xG, lineups, match statistics, events, player ratings, predictions, head-to-head history, and related news for this fixture.
Recorded meetings: 0 (available previous meetings, not necessarily all-time).
Rangers fans, we asked for your views following Sunday's win over St Mirren in the Premier Sports Cup - Derek McInnes' first victory in charge. James: Bright start for James Penrice and I am sure he will be a good player for Rangers. As a team, a good result, but one performance does not make them world beaters, consistent performances are needed, more players need to step up and perform.
Burnley are set to increase their offer for young Polish prospect Marcel Regula, but he is still unsure about a Turf Moor move. The post ‘Isn’t Fully Convinced’ – Burnley Still Trying For Attacker appeared first on Inside Futbol | Latest Football News, Transfer Rumours & Articles.
The 25-year-old Chelsea star has been making the most of a rare break after appearing at three major tournaments in the last four years, travelling to destinations including Zanzibar and Barcelona.
Vicario has lost No 1 slot at Spurs to Antonin KinskyMove could become permanent for £8.6m next yearJuventus have agreed a deal with Tottenham for Guglielmo Vicario to join on an initial loan after the Italian side decided against a move for Aston Villa’s Emiliano Martínez.Vicario is set to leave Spurs having lost his place as Roberto De Zerbi’s No 1 to Antonin Kinsky, with the agreement with Juventus containing an option to make the Italy goalkeeper’s move permanent next year for £8.6m. Martínez had been linked with the Turin club after Villa agreed a deal to sign Parma’s Zion Suzuki for around £30m but Juventus saw a €10m offer rejected over the weekend and decided to switch their attention elsewhere. The Argentina goalkeeper is currently sidelined due to a finger injury. Continue reading...
OLIVER HOLT: After the opening game of the World Cup in Mexico City, I bumped into Jurgen Klopp. I told him that English football missed him. 'You don't know what you've got till it's gone,' he said.
Enzo Fernandez’s move to Man City looked dead – but could yet be sparked into life by Rodri’s Barcelona switch. If you enjoy CaughtOffside coverage and want to see more of it, add us as a preferred source on Google to make us a favourite and see more of our content. According to Fabrizio Romano, […] The post Three reasons named why monster £120m midfielder deal could still happen this summer appeared first on CaughtOffside.
Tottenham have accepted a loan offer from Juventus for goalkeeper Guglielmo Vicario, which includes an option to buy. The Italy international, 29, is set to travel to Turin to complete a move back to Serie A, with a non-mandatory £8.6m purchase option included in the deal. It follows Juventus' attempts to sign Aston Villa goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez, which has collapsed as Villa close in on signing Parma's Zion Suzuki.
Season 4 of tournament will still be on YouTubeKSI’s Prime FC won Season 3 final at the O2 Arena in MaySky Sports will not broadcast next season’s Baller League, the celebrity six-a-side competition backed by influencer KSI, actor Idris Elba and former players including Ian Wright and Alan Shearer.KSI’s Prime FC won last season’s Baller League final at a sold-out O2 Arena in an event broadcast live on Sky. But the Guardian has learned the broadcaster has opted not to renew the contract next season. While Sky was happy with audience numbers, and particularly the level of engagement on social media, sources say the partnership had come to a natural end. Continue reading...
Joleon Lescott won two Premier League titles at Man City (Picture: Getty) Joleon Lescott revealed his Premier League title prediction after Arsenal’s Community Shield victory over Manchester City. The Gunners lifted their first Premier League trophy since 2004 back in May, finishing seven points above Man City after a tense title race. Mikel Arteta’s side sent a clear message to their title rivals in Sunday’s Community Shield, thumping Manchester City 3-0 in Enzo Maresca’s first competitive game in charge. Man City remain second-favourites to win the Premier League with the bookmakers ahead of Liverpool, Manchester United and Chelsea, who are all hoping for significant improvements this season. Get the latest transfer news every morning Sign up to our daily football newsletter for personalised updates on who your team is trying to sign and who won't be around next season. Liverpool won the Premier League two years ago but title-winning boss Arne Slot lost his job at the end of last season after a disappointing fifth-place finish. There is far greater expectation on Man United after Michael Carrick guided the Red Devils to a third-place finish after replacing Ruben Amorim midway through the campaign. Chelsea, meanwhile, finished just 10th last term but are widely expected to improve under former Liverpool and Real Madrid midfielder Xabi Alonso. Arsenal lift the Community Shield after beating Man City (Picture: Getty) Lescott says it is ‘difficult’ to win back-to-back Premier League titles but cannot currently see past defending champions Arsenal, insisting Sunday’s win over Man City would have been ‘daunting’ for other teams. ‘It is very early [to make predictions], but you would say Arsenal,’ Lescott, who won the Premier League twice with Manchester City, told Mirror Football. ‘Considering the key factors, they probably have fewer obstacles ahead of them. [Mikel] Arteta has continuity with the players and the squad now has genuine belief, so I would say Arsenal. Mikel Arteta is hoping to retain the Premier League trophy (Picture: Getty) ‘I know how difficult it is to win back-to-back titles, but that is my overriding opinion.’ Speaking on TNT Sports after the Community Shield, Lescott said: ‘Arsenal are close to where they want to be and I wasn’t surprised by that performance. ‘That’s the worrying thing, they’re at this level so early on. It’s going to be a daunting time for everyone. {"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@type":"VideoObject","name":"Arteta says Community Shield statement win proves Arsenal are 'ready for it'","contentUrl":"https:\/\/videos.metro.co.uk\/video\/met\/2026\/08\/17\/7779755569864816200\/480x270_MP4_7779755569864816200.mp4","description":"Mikel Arteta hailed Arsenal's desire \"to go straight again\" after Manchester City were overwhelmed 3-0 by the Premier League champions in the Community Shield.","duration":"T8M14S","height":270,"thumbnailUrl":"https:\/\/i.dailymail.com\/1s\/2026\/08\/17\/07\/110678029-0-image-a-8_1786947795231.jpg","uploadDate":"2026-08-17T07:22:17+0100","width":480} To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video Up Next Previous Page Next Page window.addEventListener('metroVideo:relatedVideosCarouselLoaded', function(data) { if (typeof(data.detail) === 'undefined' || typeof(data.detail.carousel) === 'undefined' || typeof(data.detail.carousel.el_) === 'undefined') { return; } var player = data.detail.carousel.el_; var container = player.closest('.metro-video-player'); var placeholder = container.querySelector('.metro-video-player__up-next-placeholder'); if (placeholder) { container.removeChild(placeholder); container.classList.add('metro-video-player--related-videos-loaded'); } }); ‘Concerned is the right word [for City]. It’s the whole performance really, and the gap. The worrying thing is the gap. ‘I doubt [Maresca] will be embarrassed, more disappointed. Embarrassment is probably too strong. ‘You don’t want to lose
Pedro Neto is a Chelsea player, and is expected to start the season, but there is growing interest in a move. If you enjoy CaughtOffside coverage and want to see more of it, add us as a preferred source on Google to make us a favourite and see more of our content. There have been […] The post Chelsea look to £145m Barcola price as they make demands for international winger appeared first on CaughtOffside.
Tap a headline to view metadata and excerpt fields in Sportra, then use the article website button to continue on the original publisher page.
Rangers fans, we asked for your views following Sunday's win over St Mirren in the Premier Sports Cup - Derek McInnes' first victory in charge. James: Bright start for James Penrice and I am sure he will be a good player for Rangers. As a team, a good result, but one performance does not make them world beaters, consistent performances are needed, more players need to step up and perform.
Burnley are set to increase their offer for young Polish prospect Marcel Regula, but he is still unsure about a Turf Moor move. The post ‘Isn’t Fully Convinced’ – Burnley Still Trying For Attacker appeared first on Inside Futbol | Latest Football News, Transfer Rumours & Articles.
The 25-year-old Chelsea star has been making the most of a rare break after appearing at three major tournaments in the last four years, travelling to destinations including Zanzibar and Barcelona.
Vicario has lost No 1 slot at Spurs to Antonin KinskyMove could become permanent for £8.6m next yearJuventus have agreed a deal with Tottenham for Guglielmo Vicario to join on an initial loan after the Italian side decided against a move for Aston Villa’s Emiliano Martínez.Vicario is set to leave Spurs having lost his place as Roberto De Zerbi’s No 1 to Antonin Kinsky, with the agreement with Juventus containing an option to make the Italy goalkeeper’s move permanent next year for £8.6m. Martínez had been linked with the Turin club after Villa agreed a deal to sign Parma’s Zion Suzuki for around £30m but Juventus saw a €10m offer rejected over the weekend and decided to switch their attention elsewhere. The Argentina goalkeeper is currently sidelined due to a finger injury. Continue reading...
OLIVER HOLT: After the opening game of the World Cup in Mexico City, I bumped into Jurgen Klopp. I told him that English football missed him. 'You don't know what you've got till it's gone,' he said.
Enzo Fernandez’s move to Man City looked dead – but could yet be sparked into life by Rodri’s Barcelona switch. If you enjoy CaughtOffside coverage and want to see more of it, add us as a preferred source on Google to make us a favourite and see more of our content. According to Fabrizio Romano, […] The post Three reasons named why monster £120m midfielder deal could still happen this summer appeared first on CaughtOffside.
Tottenham have accepted a loan offer from Juventus for goalkeeper Guglielmo Vicario, which includes an option to buy. The Italy international, 29, is set to travel to Turin to complete a move back to Serie A, with a non-mandatory £8.6m purchase option included in the deal. It follows Juventus' attempts to sign Aston Villa goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez, which has collapsed as Villa close in on signing Parma's Zion Suzuki.
Season 4 of tournament will still be on YouTubeKSI’s Prime FC won Season 3 final at the O2 Arena in MaySky Sports will not broadcast next season’s Baller League, the celebrity six-a-side competition backed by influencer KSI, actor Idris Elba and former players including Ian Wright and Alan Shearer.KSI’s Prime FC won last season’s Baller League final at a sold-out O2 Arena in an event broadcast live on Sky. But the Guardian has learned the broadcaster has opted not to renew the contract next season. While Sky was happy with audience numbers, and particularly the level of engagement on social media, sources say the partnership had come to a natural end. Continue reading...
Joleon Lescott won two Premier League titles at Man City (Picture: Getty) Joleon Lescott revealed his Premier League title prediction after Arsenal’s Community Shield victory over Manchester City. The Gunners lifted their first Premier League trophy since 2004 back in May, finishing seven points above Man City after a tense title race. Mikel Arteta’s side sent a clear message to their title rivals in Sunday’s Community Shield, thumping Manchester City 3-0 in Enzo Maresca’s first competitive game in charge. Man City remain second-favourites to win the Premier League with the bookmakers ahead of Liverpool, Manchester United and Chelsea, who are all hoping for significant improvements this season. Get the latest transfer news every morning Sign up to our daily football newsletter for personalised updates on who your team is trying to sign and who won't be around next season. Liverpool won the Premier League two years ago but title-winning boss Arne Slot lost his job at the end of last season after a disappointing fifth-place finish. There is far greater expectation on Man United after Michael Carrick guided the Red Devils to a third-place finish after replacing Ruben Amorim midway through the campaign. Chelsea, meanwhile, finished just 10th last term but are widely expected to improve under former Liverpool and Real Madrid midfielder Xabi Alonso. Arsenal lift the Community Shield after beating Man City (Picture: Getty) Lescott says it is ‘difficult’ to win back-to-back Premier League titles but cannot currently see past defending champions Arsenal, insisting Sunday’s win over Man City would have been ‘daunting’ for other teams. ‘It is very early [to make predictions], but you would say Arsenal,’ Lescott, who won the Premier League twice with Manchester City, told Mirror Football. ‘Considering the key factors, they probably have fewer obstacles ahead of them. [Mikel] Arteta has continuity with the players and the squad now has genuine belief, so I would say Arsenal. Mikel Arteta is hoping to retain the Premier League trophy (Picture: Getty) ‘I know how difficult it is to win back-to-back titles, but that is my overriding opinion.’ Speaking on TNT Sports after the Community Shield, Lescott said: ‘Arsenal are close to where they want to be and I wasn’t surprised by that performance. ‘That’s the worrying thing, they’re at this level so early on. It’s going to be a daunting time for everyone. {"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@type":"VideoObject","name":"Arteta says Community Shield statement win proves Arsenal are 'ready for it'","contentUrl":"https:\/\/videos.metro.co.uk\/video\/met\/2026\/08\/17\/7779755569864816200\/480x270_MP4_7779755569864816200.mp4","description":"Mikel Arteta hailed Arsenal's desire \"to go straight again\" after Manchester City were overwhelmed 3-0 by the Premier League champions in the Community Shield.","duration":"T8M14S","height":270,"thumbnailUrl":"https:\/\/i.dailymail.com\/1s\/2026\/08\/17\/07\/110678029-0-image-a-8_1786947795231.jpg","uploadDate":"2026-08-17T07:22:17+0100","width":480} To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video Up Next Previous Page Next Page window.addEventListener('metroVideo:relatedVideosCarouselLoaded', function(data) { if (typeof(data.detail) === 'undefined' || typeof(data.detail.carousel) === 'undefined' || typeof(data.detail.carousel.el_) === 'undefined') { return; } var player = data.detail.carousel.el_; var container = player.closest('.metro-video-player'); var placeholder = container.querySelector('.metro-video-player__up-next-placeholder'); if (placeholder) { container.removeChild(placeholder); container.classList.add('metro-video-player--related-videos-loaded'); } }); ‘Concerned is the right word [for City]. It’s the whole performance really, and the gap. The worrying thing is the gap. ‘I doubt [Maresca] will be embarrassed, more disappointed. Embarrassment is probably too strong. ‘You don’t want to lose
Pedro Neto is a Chelsea player, and is expected to start the season, but there is growing interest in a move. If you enjoy CaughtOffside coverage and want to see more of it, add us as a preferred source on Google to make us a favourite and see more of our content. There have been […] The post Chelsea look to £145m Barcola price as they make demands for international winger appeared first on CaughtOffside.
Tap a headline to view metadata and excerpt fields in Sportra, then use the article website button to continue on the original publisher page.